Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Photography 101

I attended my very first Photography class today and WOW did I learn a lot! I can't believe how much easier lighting can be when you actually know the tricks to Aperture, ISO, Compensation and the right lens to use. These photos were all taken with a 55mm lens. It will be the only lens I'll use from now on until I can purchase the 75-200 lens. I took the class from Gallery Photography in Bountiful and the teacher did a great job! I am definitely a visual learner. I've read plenty of books trying to figure out aperture and I just didn't get it. I do now tho and I'm proud to say not one of these images were adjusted in PS. This is straight from the camera. I can't wait to go for my second class and learn more! 

I have to take a moment to express my gratitude to my amazing husband who has taken care of our sick boys for the last 3 days while I worked and went to this photo class. He gives me so much support and I am richly blessed to have him in my life. As well as lots of family and friends who also encourage me to pursue my hobby in photography. I would in no way be as far as I am with out them in my life. Thank you! I love and appreciate all of you!!!

Our model. 
He was a great sport, especially for being sick. Which is why he wasn't up for smiling much. His dad pays him 5$ to model for the students. :) So cute!






I then came home and practiced on other subjects. 


6 comments:

  1. Yay for you! That is awesome. I am pretty sure that is the guy that took my wedding pictures :) Can I suggest the best photography book I have read, it is called understanding exposure by Bryan Peterson

    http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003

    It is really really great! These photos look great, what camera do you use?

    www.aprilnewmanphoto.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April! I'll definitely check that book out! I'm always amazed at your work and love all your photos, so anything that'll help me get to where you are, I'm for it. :) I've got the Nikon D7000. It's really nice but does way more things then I can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great Ash! That's awesome you learned so much just from one class! I seriously need to learn a thing or two myself. Sorry to hear your boys have been sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's alright, they gave them the penicillin shot so their pretty much back to their roundy selfs again. Dang;) The good news is I can show you the ISO, Aperture and Composition tricks cause we gotz the same camera, pretty much:) Next time were together with our guns I'll show ya the tricks I learned today.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute kid, the pictures look good Ash! I'm glad you're learning all this in time for my family pics. :)

    ReplyDelete